The African Pathfinder Leaders Initiative (APLI Namibia) is an earnest vision born out of the aspiration to develop and mobilize change-makers, innovators and young leaders in diverse fields across Namibia. The ethos of APLI stems from need to address the shortage of skills, resources and networks that young people need to fully realize their goals and create sustainable change in their communities. A priority area for APLI is leadership development. In addition to assisting young people acquire soft and hard skills, there are focused efforts in ensuring that these newly-acquired skills translate into successful ventures in their communities.
To provide relevant and throughout leadership development opportunities for young people that will empower and enable them to be active contributors to socio-economic advancement in their communities.
To empower young Namibians to become active contributors to societal change by:
- Nurturing leadership, self-development and social responsibility
- Nurturing social and entrepreneurial innovation
- Identifying and developing leadership potential
- Providing life trajectory changing education opportunities
- Instilling a spirit of Pan-Africanism amongst Namibian youth
- Providing young Namibians with a network to ensure their ventures to reach their full potential.
- Equipping young Namibians with the necessary hard and soft skills for establishing and sustaining their ventures